Cape Town - SuperSport have announced a multi-year broadcast deal with the EFC, which comes into effect in March.
The pay TV channel have doubled down on their commitment to MMA after also partnering up with the UFC in the new year.
“Well aware of the international growth of MMA, we are proud to partner with EFC,” said Gideon Khobane, SuperSport’s chief executive.
“Apart from high-quality contests, EFC’s excellent production values are consistent with SuperSport’s and we look forward to embarking on this great journey together."
EFC president Cairo Howarth added: “We are extremely excited to partner with SuperSport.
“SuperSport provides fans across Africa the best possible viewing of EFC content, in HD and in multiple languages, promoting EFC, associated brands and athletes more than ever before.”
The new partnership will see hours of EFC programming every day on SuperSport, as well as 10 live primetime events per year.
Highlights of the broadcast deal include:
- EFC’s live event broadcast will feature all five main card bouts, aired live in primetime between 20:00 and 23:00 CAT on SuperSport
- EFC’s hit reality series, The Fighter – with season 2 (TF2) currently in production - will make its debut on SuperSport
- All EFC content will be broadcast in High Definition, giving fans the best viewer experience
- All live events will also be carried on multiple platforms including DStv online platforms and at www.supersport.com
- Additional EFC events, such as the official weigh-ins and pre- and post-event media briefings will be carried live on SuperSport
- EFC programming will be seen regularly on SuperSport channels throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, via the broadcast of the full EFC library