Family stop Bale China move - reports

Gareth Bale (Getty Images)
Gareth Bale (Getty Images)

Madrid - Gareth Bale's family have blocked the Real Madrid forward's move to Chinese side Jiangsu Suning, Spanish media reported on Sunday.

The BBC also reported the forward's transfer had been cancelled, but not by the family but the La Liga giants themselves.

Daily newspaper Marca said those close to Bale have asked his representatives to look for clubs in Europe "before definitively saying yes to Jiangsu Suning's offer".

"The 30-year-old has until July 31 to give an answer to the Chinese side, with his agent, Jonathan Barnett, having reached an agreement with the club's hierarchy last Friday," Marca added.

Bale, who has been in the Spanish capital since 2013, was expected to join the Chinese Super League outfit on a three-year-deal worth £1 million a week.

The 77-time Wales international had been told by Real coach Zinedine Zidane he does not form part of his future plans at the Bernabeu.

The former Tottenham Hotspur winger came off the bench to play half an hour in Real's record 7-3 defeat to rivals Atletico Madrid on Saturday.

The Chinese transfer window closes on Wednesday.

Voting Booth
What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Rugby
44% - 5846 votes
Cricket
11% - 1449 votes
Football
19% - 2465 votes
Athletics
2% - 303 votes
Boxing
1% - 123 votes
Cycling
2% - 302 votes
Golf
5% - 646 votes
Motorsport
8% - 1073 votes
Tennis
3% - 415 votes
Water sports
1% - 118 votes
American sports
1% - 128 votes
MMA / WWE / UFC
3% - 378 votes
Vote