Cape Town - FIFA has revealed the top 20 fastest players at Russia 2018 with French speedster Kylian Mbappe shockingly failing to make the list.
The 19-year-old speed demon turned on the jets as he terrorised the Argentinian defence before winning a penalty in an enthralling 4-3 win in the Round of 16.
That time, however, was clocked at 'only' 32.4km/h - and failed to make the top 20 on the list of fastest times recorded at the tournament to date.
The player who surprisingly despite his advancing years takes the title as the fastest player is none other than Portugal skipper Cristiano Ronaldo who sealed a sensational move to Juventus from Spanish giants Real Madrid on Tuesday.
The 33-year-old, who many believe to have lost a yard of pace, was clocked at a ridiculously fast 34km/h when he ran 80 yards up the pitch from a corner during a counter attack in Portugal's 3-3 draw against Spain.
See the full list below:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) & Ante Rebic (Croatia) - 34km/h
3. Luis Advincula (Peru) - 33.8km/h
4. Santiago Arias (Colombia) - 33.6km/h
5. Kyle Walker (England) & Jesse Lingard - 33.5km/h
7. Maciej Rybus (Poland), Marquinhos (Brazil), Aleksandar Golovin (Russia), Dani Carvajal (Spain), Hirving Lozano (Mexico) & Heechan Hwang - 33.3km/h
13. Robbie Kruse (Australia), Marcos Ulrena (Costa Rica), Juan Cuadrado (Colombia), Matthew Leckie (Australia), Raheem Sterling (England), Johan Mojica (Colombia), Marcus Rashford (England) & Bartosz Bereszynski (Poland) - 33.1km/h
need for speed pic.twitter.com/4iyvpmlu80— Talal (@hgDuMc0kMKqZu5P) June 17, 2018