Cape Town - Rising South African tennis star Lloyd Harris has reached a career-high ranking of No 87.
The 22-year-old cracked the ATP Tour's top 100 for the first time in February after winning an ATP Challenger event.
He has moved up seven spots in the latest ATP rankings after reaching the semi-finals of the ATP Challenger event in Ostrava, Czech Republic at the weekend.
In January, Harris qualified for the Australian Open where he lost in the first round to Russia's Daniil Medvedev. He was playing in his second main draw of a Grand Slam, having also participated in last year's US Open, where he lost in the first round to Frenchman Gilles Simon.
This week, the 22-year-old is playing in the Open du Pays d'Aix, an ATP Challenger event in France where he is the third seed.
Meanwhile South Africa's top tennis player, Kevin Anderson, remains No 6 in the latest ATP rankings.
Anderson has been plagued by an elbow injury which forced him to pull out of the current clay court season. He is expected to return for the grass season and build-up to Wimbledon.
Top 20 in the latest ATP Tour rankings:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 11 160
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 7 765
3. Roger Federer (SUI) 5 590
4. Alexander Zverev (GER) 5 565
5. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 5 085
6. Kevin Anderson (RSA) 4 115
7. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 3 780
8. Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) 3 225
9. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 3 190
10. John Isner (USA) 3 085
11. Marin Cilic (CRO) 2 845
12. Fabio Fognini (ITA) 2 840
13. Karen Khachanov (RUS) 2 685
14. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 2 625
15. Borna Coric (CRO) 2 525
16. Milos Raonic (CAN) 2 050
17. Nikoloz Basilashvili (GEO) 1 930
18. Gael Monfils (FRA) 1 920
19. Marco Cecchinato (ITA) 1 875
20. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 1 820
???? Rankings update????— Tennis South Africa (@TennisSA) May 6, 2019
Lloyd Harris is on the rise AGAIN. The South African has reached a personal career high of 87th in world, in the latest ATP Rankings. He reached the semi-final of the ATP Challenger event in Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Phenomenal achievement Lloyd. ?????? pic.twitter.com/d0hXHT8oAm