- Apply concealer under the eyes, and along the nose and chin so that you use less foundation.
- Make-up looks better on healthy, moisturised skin. Using a primer after moisturising will give your make-up a smooth, flawless finish, which lasts for hours.
- Every face has natural shadows and you’ll look great if you brighten them. To find the shady spots, smile at yourself in the mirror and you’ll see the darker areas (usually the inner corners of your eyes and under your bottom lip). To lighten these areas, dab on concealer and blend.
- To make a big face appear slimmer, lightly brush a dark powder directly under your cheekbones and blend.
- A wide nose can appear narrower if you blend concealer down the centre of the nose from top to bottom. You can also use a bronzing powder to shade sides of the nose. Blend well.
- When using bright eye shadows, rather go for a wash of one colour on the bottom lid, making sure you don’t take it all the way up to the brow bone.
- To make dark eyes stand out, use a gold shadow to highlight the brow bone.
- To keep your eyeliner from smudging, trace over the pencil liner with matching eye shadow.
- To quickly transform your make-up from a day to an evening look, create a soft, smoky look by lining the eyes with a black pencil and smudging. Then finish off with two coats of mascara. Wait for the first coat to dry before applying the second to avoid clumping.
- Use coloured eyeliners as eye shadows – liner lasts longer than powder eye shadow.
10 quick makeup tips for every girl on vacation
Next on TrueLove
5 minutes with writer and creative producer Mahlogonolo “Manchester” Mahapa
26 May 2020