There are innocent sins that we commit which could cost us our respect in the office.These include: 1. Dressing up for the office: Many people want to look good at work, but beware of making fashion faux pas. Even if it’s a casual event, you should still look appropriate. Remember that the whole company, including the managing director and people from other departments, will judge you on the image you present at the work. You don’t want to be remembered as the woman who always wore revealing clothes.Dress appropriately. If you need to constantly re-adjust your boob-tube top, then it’s not appropriate. 2. Gossiping: Talking about colleagues happens, but in a professional environment such as the office, things can get out of hand. Gossip is destructive and unnecessary.It’s always better not to comment. Often the people you gossip with will gossip about you, too. 3. Bringing visitors to the office: If you’re allowed to bring friends or guests to the office, remember that they’re representing you to your colleagues. Give them background on your company and colleagues so that they’re better equipped to make small talk. Invite someone that you trust so that they don’t embarrass you by doing something you didn’t expect.
- Limpopo MEC takes News24 to court on urgent basis over The Eskom Files slush fund allegations
- Zuma 'ill-advised' to go to African court over ConCourt battle - legal expert
- Elections 2021: Why an analyst thinks the IEC should be concerned about the registration numbers
- Hlophe does not want Gauteng judges to decide his impeachment case because of Mlambo 'bias'
- Local mom shares how she almost drowned her baby son, then herself
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now