We’ve all have had horrible experiences with hairstylists at some point. Here’s how to avoid them.
- Communicate! Be honest from the get go. Tell them your hair history and goals so that they can help you achieve the looks you want without compromising your hair health.
- Your hairstylist should look the part. His or her image is a representation of them, their hair should be popping – this will make you have confidence in their abilities.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your hairstylist questions – that’s what they are there for. Your communication shouldn’t stop once you leave the salon. Make sure you leave the salon with advice on how to maintain your hair at home and when to return for your next appointment.
- The space where your hair is being done should be clean with quality products and good customer service.
- We all know that the best way to get the truth about a brand is by word of mouth. Ask around, do your research about the salon before making the switch.