We recently caught up with Lira when whisky brand Johnnie Walker recently announced its partnership with her as the South African addition to a global list of iconic jaywalkers. Lira's music career spans 13 years and she has established herself as the foremost female artist in South Africa. She is a formidable presence on the global music scene who is not about to stop anytime soon. Here are a few reasons we think she is an inspiration:
- Lira was chosen as a coach and mentor on South Africa’s version of the international hit music reality TV show, The Voice.
- The superstar also has her own 7 part documentary series, titled ”LIRA, Dream Chaser” which details the release and touring of her Rise Again album in North America. It has been licensed to Fox Global and starts its first run across the entire African continent, 31st March, via the DSTV platform.
- She was recently announced as Bobbi Brown's first South African influencer, making her the first African to formally collaborate with the cosmetic house in a campaign titled “Bobbi x LIRA”
- Lira was recently chosen as Johnnie Walkers campaign ambassador for The Joywalker campaign.
- Through it all she has managed to release her 6th studio album called Born Free, a self-declared soundtrack to a generation.