Get to know designer house Balmain's youngest creative director He grew up with a white adoptive family in France. He was adopted at the age of one. He began his career as a designer at Roberto Cavalli, and went on to become the head of the label's women's division. Since his arrival at Balmain, the fashion house has gained 5,6 million followers on instagram. The designer scored the top job at Balmain when he was just 25.Thus, making him the youngest designer to be appointed as creative director of the French label. At 18, he enrolled in law schoolbut he realised he loves fashion more. He legacy at Balmain thus far has been marked by form-fitting silhouettes. This was before he became friends with celebrities like Kim Kardashian. The micromini silhouettes was inspired by his aunt.
- Khulekani Magubane | Eskom strike: A declaration of war on small business
- EXCLUSIVE | 'Scrap the damn red tape': Gordhan, Presidency exploring Eskom emergency plans after Stage 6
- EXCLUSIVE | How Pravin Gordhan flew solo on SAA-Takatso deal, cutting out advisors
- Busisiwe Mavuso | Govt can act now on Zondo's advice, and there's no room to fail
- Guptas' UAE arrest: NPA still waiting on extradition request to be translated into Arabic
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now