1. Hello, sports luxe! A lot of us get this trend wrong. No, ladies, leggings and oversized tee do not cut it in the style stakes, even when you work from home. Sports luxe is all about the artful layering of activewear and tailored combos to give you a complex synergy – suitable for gym or a quick Skype meeting.
READ MORE: 5 minutes of fashion with Candice Modiselle
2. All dressed up and nowhere to go? Yes, it is #lockdown, but it does not mean going without those calf-workout heels and day dress. Choose a day to whip out that dressy number you’ve almost forgotten about, and put on some make-up. This is a great pick-me-up for the challenging times we live in.
READ MORE: Four ways to rock ripped jeans
3. Lingerie as outerwear. SJP’s sleepwear is far from an oversized branded tee. She rocked delicate camis with lush cocooning knitwear or a silk slip, and had the option of throwing over a trench coat in an emergency. Remember the scene where she ran through the snow in her PJs and an amazing fur coat to get to Miranda, who was all alone on New Year’s Eve?
4. Style your work space. Match a trendy leather-bound diary with your coffee mug or glass of wine, and a picture of “Mr Big” to keep you daydreaming.
READ MORE: 10 Times Zozibini dazzled in prints
5. Sky-high heels. You know those car-to-desk heels that look oh-so cute, but are unbearable to wear in a nine-to-five job? This is the time to take them out for a spin, and it will help you break them in without walking long distances. Bring those babies out!