1. Decide what the purpose of this exercise is. This will help you focus effectively on the task on hand. Would you like to donate to charity or swap clothes at a second hand clothing for instance.
2. Move clothes you haven’t worn in 6 months to the front of the wardrobe. That way you see them everyday. Force yourself to incorporate them into your looks for the next month. In that way you are forced to make a decision on whether you like them on not. If not, then you can give them away. We tend to wear what we see rather than what's hidden deep in our closets.
3. Declutter per season. Everything you didn’t wear this winter needs to be under review.
4. Don’t forget accessories and shoes. They too need to be reshuffled a little. Ask yourself why you have three pairs of flip flops? That pair of earrings you claim to love desperately but haven’t worn in ages. Vintage shops love swapping jewellery items. Why not swap for another pair, that way you gain something different rather than give it away completely.
5. Do the clothes you have fit the image you are trying to project? This applies in all categories, casual, formal, or work wear. People change so is our style.