Getting over your man is difficult, but not impossible. There are ways to move on after deciding to go your separate ways. Women are often labelled vindictive or bitter after a break-up. This can be worse if you’re a celebrity or are in the public eye. Recently, Boity told TRUE LOVE about how her relationship with rapper Casper Nyovest ended, and not so long ago DJ Zinhle did the same. But break-ups can be difficult to go through, and we all deal with heartbreak in different ways. After a relationship has ended, psychologist Nan Sauer says that after crying your heart out, try these suggestions to help you move on:
- Get involved in a new activities that don’t bring up memories of your ex-boyfriend.
- Learn something from your past relationships before jumping into a new one. It could be that you need to learn to love and understand yourself before getting into relationships with the same kind of guys who may end up hurting you.
- Avoid being with people who have direct contact with your ex because you may be tempted to know what he’s up to. Also, stay away from stalking him on social media – you may find out that he’s having a blast. Seeing pictures of him moving on may upset you even more.
- Get counselling if you need to. There’s no harm in seeking professional help, it can give you tools to cope with what you’re going through.
- Surround yourself with friends who love and care for you, and allow time to heal you.