Touching your face to much during the day Bacteria is everywhere and thrives on skin just like on any surface. So, touching your face all day can introduce all kinds of bacteria to your skin, causing it to break out. Not removing your make-up before going to bed If you don’t remove make-up at the end of the day, it’s just going to sink further into your skin, mix with sebum and clog your pores. Clogged pores can expand and cause blackheads. So get into a regular routine of removing make-up and when you’re too tired, try products such as micellar water, which also moisturise your skin without having to rinse afterwards. Not exfoliating If you never exfoliate, dead skin cells just pile up and clog your pores because they have no where to go unless your slough them away. A weekly scrub resmoves the dead skin cells and allows your skin to renew itself. So, don’t skip your weekly exfoliating. Using the wrong products for your skin Picking the wrong products for your skin type will clog your pores. You still need to moisturise to prevent the over-production of oil as your skin will compensate should it be too dry. Choose a range that is meant for your skin type and know that combination skin is different from really oily skin. Picking on pimples and blemishes It’s hard to ignore a bump on your face, but squeezing or picking on it damages the skin surrounding the pimple. And also spreads bacteria. A dab of a benzoil peroxide product or tea tree and lavender oil on the spot will treat it within days and leave your skin scar-free.
- Tributes pour in for late actor Luzuko Nteleko
- How Rich Mnisi’s legs set the internet ablaze | "I took a nap and woke up to my phone going off"
- These 4 common sex positions can actually be dangerous
- Zandile Msutwana on her return to The Queen
- GALLERY | Our favourite looks from the Cell C Inanda Africa Cup
- ANC set to tell court it had a right to suspend Ace Magashule
- The PIC, 'cadres' and SAA: What are the wars that made Tshepo Mahloele’s ambition seem a virtue?
- Angelo Fick | Johannesburg: No more glitter in the 'City of Gold'
- As Hlophe faces impeachment vote, LPC confirms his attorney is under investigation for misconduct
- Cape Town church caught up in Covid-19 relief fund fraud case coughs up some of the money
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now