Being selfish Your time, money and space are yours, and you can do whatever you want. Work on fulfilling your spirit such as enjoying your space, and spending money on yourself. Pamper yourself and spend time doing things that interest you – you’re single and have to answer to no one. Dining alone So you feel like having a meal at your favourate place, because really, no one makes sushi the way they make it. It may be daunting, but people are not as concerned about you as you think. In fact, it can be a sign that you're confident and content. No desperation Just because you’re single doesn’t mean that you are looking for a guy. Let everyone know, and don’t feel guilty about not wanting to be set up on dates. You don’t have to date down or accept any fool’s invitation to a date, and if you do accept a date, it doesn’t mean you have to hook up with the guy. If you’re not looking, you're just not looking and people need to respect that. Attending an event dateless Nothing is more annoying than showing up at an event where you’re expect to bring a date. Or showing up for the upteenth time all alone. If your friends and family make you feel guilty about growing old alone, it’s their problem, not yours. Being selective about the people you date, or the people you introduce to your family is up to you. Don’t succumb to the pressure. Saying no to tagging along with your ‘coupled up’ friends You’ve heard of the saying ‘three is a crowd,’ and it’s true. Firstly, they are inviting you because they feel sorry for you, but once you’re there they’ll feel like you're crowding their space – so no one wins in this situation. Kindly decline the invite and tell them you feel like staying in. If they try to guilt trip you, tell them they are. People don’t like being caught manipulating the situation. Having a friend with benefits So what? You are grown and can make your own decisions. If a non-commital relationship is what you need, why not? Nobody has to know about it, and it’s best not to tell because you can do without a pity party.
- Sex toys 101: Whether single or in a relationship, these are your best friend
- DJ Zinhle and MurdahBongz, plus 5 other surprise celebrity marriages
- 5 tips to enjoy the woman-on-top position
- 5 sex positions that double as exercise
- Young, Famous and African is returning for a second season - here are top moments from Season 1
- Nick Mallett | Intensity, accuracy of Bok defence leaves limping All Blacks with few options
- 'I do not care at all': How Mkhwebane shielded Magashule, Zwane in Vrede scandal
- SA needs special unit to crack down on illegal mining, Mantashe urges as govt slowly closes shafts
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | When banks crash, who's watching the watchdog?
- Rain in hot water over Telkom bid - but it could still beat MTN, analysts say
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now