- Wipe excess mascara off your wand on a tissue before applying to keep it from clumping. A new bottle of mascara often delivers more product than necessary.
- For thicker-looking lashes, coat both sides of your eyebrows. Look down when applying to the top, and look up when applying the bottom side.
- The way you hold your brush during application can make a huge difference to the finish. Holding the brush horizontally and brushing brows back and forth gives you voluminous brows. Holding the mascara vertically and moving the tip back and forth on individual hairs gives you a more natural finish.
- Banish racoon eyes forever by simply placing a teaspoon right beneath the bottom lashes when applying product on the bottom lash.
- Perfect your mascara by allowing it to dry first, then use an earbud to gently lift any mascara that has fallen on your skin.
- Have clump-free lashes by running a clean mascara wand through your lashes post application. This ensures even application and no clumps.
- Ever battled to hold the mirror strategically when aplying false lashes? Just lay the mirror on a flat surface and look down on it. It ensures your eyes are perfectly open during application and you have both hands to use.
7 Mascara Rules You Need To Know
Next on TrueLove
5 minutes with writer and creative producer Mahlogonolo “Manchester” Mahapa
26 May 2020