But packed with iron, calcium and vitamins A, C, and K, this leafy green is also making its way into the beauty aisle via a range of great new formulas. From skin to nails, we take a look at some products to embrace the power of kale! Skincare As kale is loaded with a whole host of skin-friendly goodies, the superfood is being included in many products and even cleansing wipes. It's a moisture boost, and will keep your skin soft and supple. Hair Kale’s properties are also being incorporated into a growing number of hair care formulas.Get it in shampoo formulas and cleanse and moisturise the scalp with each use. Also, hit up your kitchen cupboard for a DIY kale hair mask – whizz up a couple of washed kale leaves, a little lemon juice and a teaspoon of olive oil until it forms a thick paste. Massage into the scalp and allow to sit for up to 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Nails Kale has also made its merry way to the nail polish counter too! It acts as an antioxidant, and an extract to strengthen nails. As nails are made from keratin, the nail products with kale extract boast high levels of vitamin A, C and K to stimulate nail growth, while also offering hydration, anti-breakage and anti-splitting protection. © Cover Media
- Tributes pour in for late actor Luzuko Nteleko
- How Rich Mnisi’s legs set the internet ablaze | "I took a nap and woke up to my phone going off"
- These 4 common sex positions can actually be dangerous
- Zandile Msutwana on her return to The Queen
- GALLERY | Our favourite looks from the Cell C Inanda Africa Cup
- ANC set to tell court it had a right to suspend Ace Magashule
- The PIC, 'cadres' and SAA: What are the wars that made Tshepo Mahloele’s ambition seem a virtue?
- Angelo Fick | Johannesburg: No more glitter in the 'City of Gold'
- As Hlophe faces impeachment vote, LPC confirms his attorney is under investigation for misconduct
- Cape Town church caught up in Covid-19 relief fund fraud case coughs up some of the money
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now