Sex addiction is when you constantly experience extreme sexual urges that lead to compulsive and anti-social behaviour, usually creating negative consequences.? Read on to find out if this could be you.A sex addict will risk everything for? a high, and their sexual escapades are a constant threat to their normal lifestyle. Sex addiction can end up running your life, just like alcoholism or drug abuse. It affects both women and men. And if you suspect that you or your partner is addicted, seek medical help. Here are some sypmtoms of sex addiction according to psychcentral.com:
- Frequently engaging in more sex and with more partners than intended.
- Being preoccupied with or persistently craving sex; wanting to cut down and unsuccessfully attempting to limit sexual activity.
- Thinking of sex to the detriment of other activities or continually engaging in excessive sexual practices despite a desire to stop.
- Spending considerable time in activities related to sex, such as cruising for partners or spending hours online visiting pornographic sites.
- Neglecting obligations such as work, school or family in pursuit of sex.
- Always engaging in the sexual behavior despite negative consequences, such as broken relationships or potential health risks.
- Escalating scope or frequency of sexual activity to achieve the desired effect, such as more frequent visits to prostitutes or more sex partners.
- Feeling irritable when unable to engage in the desired behavior.