We all have our favourite foods but is your relationship a healthy one? We find out.
Signs you are an emotional eater:
- You eat when you’re not hungry.
- You have a bad relationship with your body.
- You are embarrassed to show people how much you eat and what you eat.
- Your hunger comes suddenly and feels urgent and you crave specific foods, which are usually unhealthy.
- You have an inclination to go to considerable lengths to get food.
- You eat because you have experienced some type of a trauma, e.g like losing a loved one or when you are stressed out.
- You feel guilty after eating.
- When you eat even when you are full, use food as a reward system or comforter, then there might be a problem.
So if any of these signs sound familiar you should consider talking to a professional before your relationship with food takes a turn for the worse.
If you want to find out more about eating problems and get a sense of other people’s struggles, read the May 2017 issue.