QUICK DO: Your roots will look a little shady before your next relaxer. But don’t despair! Simply wrap a statement scarf around your head and knot it at the crown, the same way they did at Dolce and Gabbana’s SS16 show. You can also tie the hair up and create a messy bun at the top. Is your hair out of shape after the holiday festivities? The twisted ponytail tail is ideal for concealing spilt ends, fading colour and heat damage. But don’t rely too much on this temporary solution. Make a habit of treating damage as it occurs. Get the look:
- Treat hair with a nourishing moisturiser then neatly comb it all the way back.
- Gather all the hair at the nape and tie securely in place. Spritz a semi-holding spray on a grooming brush or fine-tooth comb to smooth flyaway hairs in place.
- Separate the ponytail into two equal parts. Separately twist each section, then twist them together, stopping 2 to 3 cm from the tip.
- Complete by securing the end with a small hair band.
- Moisturise and comb hair through. Create a middle path and tie each section at the back of the head.
- Twist the loose hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail on the opposite side. Neatly pin to secure in place.