Braids are a style staple and, this spring, they’re not going anywhere! Here are the top tips to keep your braids – and scalp – feeling and looking fresh:
- Use a braid spray daily to moisturize your hair and keep your hair from locking while in the braids – especially if you plan on keeping them for longer than four weeks.
- Stop your stylist from braiding too tightly and avoid keeping your braids in tight updo’s – the last thing you want is to damage your hairline!
- Try to wash your braids every week to add moisture to your hair. Top advice: Mix half a cup of shampoo with three cups of water and rinse this over your hair.
- If your scalp gets dry, massage in a natural oil (like coconut oil) or serum.
- Keep a small soft bristled brush in your bag to neaten stray hairs that can make your braids look untidy