According to statistics, 40% of people notice a person’s smile before any other physical characteristic which is an indication of how important it is to take care of your teeth. FROM THE EXPERT: “Women tend to spend a huge amount on skin care and cosmetic products and prefer to spend less on toothpaste and can often feel disappointed when they don’t see results. Therefore we urge consumers to have a similar mind-set on the importance of healthy teeth and to include it in their everyday beauty regime,” says Dana Leibovitz, shopper marketing manager designate at ACDOCO. Here’s how to get picture perfect pearly whites:
- As a start invest a good oral care at home, get into the habit of brushing your teeth twice a day and using at home whitening kits. The formulas have come along from the harsh chemicals they used to contain. What you will find is carbamide peroxide which bleaches without making triggering sensitivity.
- For longer effects we say go for veneers, they are the latest craze and the best way to get new smile for 20 years and more. They are quit costly and not covered by medical aid but it is the best investment you can make if you are not happy with the teeth you have.
- 3.To tackle discoloration, there are tooth pastes on the market that can easily assist with that, opt for formulas that banish stains and strengthen the enamel.
- If you’re still contemplating investing in an electric toothbrush, stop the debate and get it already. Electric brushing is far more effective in removing plaque and gingivitis.
- Your choice of lipstick colour can make or break you, go for these brightening shades.