Gym bunnies are always looking for ways to shave time off the transition from sweaty to sleek. One easy way is to create a hairstyle that can then take you to the office or off to meet friends. Braids or a bun are perfect places to start with a finished post-gym look. Here are our top hairstyles for heading straight to the office from the gym. Braids/Cornrows Braiding is the go-to look for most gym bunnies. It works on all hair textures and lengths, holds all the layers in and importantly gets hair out of your face. Plus the neat and fashionable look, as seen on celebrities such as Ciara and Hailey Baldwin, will take you effortlessly through the rest of your day. Styling Tip: Use a comb with a pointed tip to part hair down the middle and divide it into two sections. Spritz hair with a dry shampoo or a texture spray, then create a braid in each parted section, ending above the nape of your neck. Secure each braid with a hair tie and voila! The Twisted Rope Braid This two-strand twist looks incredible and as a bonus produces two hairstyles in one, as when you unwrap it after your workout, you’ll end up with curly waves. Styling tip: Split hair in half from either centre or side part to the centre of the neck. Secure both sides in pigtails. On each side, start a two-strand twist braid at your hairline and work down to the ends. Tie off both ends with a small elastic band. After your workout, use a blow dryer on a cool setting to work the moisture out. Once dried, undo the style. The result is a pretty, natural wave. © Cover Media
- Memorial and funeral details of TKZee member Tokollo ‘Magesh’ Tshabalala
- 5 tips to enjoy the woman-on-top position
- Remembering Magesh | 5 things to know about the late kwaito star
- Style crush | Shudufhadzo Musida’s stunning red carpet looks
- 5 things to know about Miss South Africa 2022, Ndavi Nokeri
- Godongwana's fate in limbo as docket in sexual assault case heads to NPA
- SA faces beef squeeze in December due to transport ban, experts warn
- Nick Mallett | Why it's time for the Springboks to bench the 6/2 split
- EXPLAINER | Phala Phala scandal: Is Parliament failing in its oversight role?
- Superstar Rabada in esteemed Proteas company after Lord's heroics: 'He bowled with venom'
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now