To give us a lowdown on the biggest nail look of 2017 we’ve turned to some international experts, who’ve shared their predictions on one big trend to come – chrome. “Chrome Nails are the hottest nail trend for 2017,” said Nicola Hammon, a beauty trend expert .“Inspired by beauty bloggers who were the first to embrace this sleek and modern nail art, Chrome Nails will give you a contemporary finish that you will want to wear for weeks. Metallic nail polishes have always been popular, but Chrome Nails takes that mirrored, high-shine finish to the next level.” Beauty expert Vivienne Curran dubs metallic/chrome nails an ideal way to draw attention to an outfit thanks to the shiny facade. Vivienne is confident this look will remain popular over the next 12 months and has shared her advice on how to do it at home. “To create this look you can use chrome nail polish, metallic nail wraps or even a highly pigmented powder,” she shares. “Silver chrome nails were the first to become popular, as seen on Gigi Hadad at the 2016 Met Gala, however, we now see gold and rose gold becoming popular.” Other celebrities who have picked up and promoted the trend include Rihanna, Kylie Jenner and Lucy Hale, all of whom have flaunted their fancy fingertips in recent months. Hiro Miyoshi, world-acclaimed hair stylist is another fan of the magical finish, adding: “Chrome nails is a new trend, a form of nail art which creates a silver mirror effect on the nail.”
- EXCLUSIVE | SA attorney arrested in Mauritius for embezzlement faces similar charges back home
- Rwanda denies hacking Ramaphosa, but exiles in SA say spying is 'a way of life'
- 'Stern' President Cyril Ramaphosa tells KwaZulu-Natal PEC why #UnrestSA was a 'failed insurrection'
- SA ports in crisis as Transnet cyberattack creates 'total nightmare' for exporters
- Tshwane doctor posing as gynaecologist on the run after patient accuses him of rape
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now