Follow these expert rules if you want to dye your hair:
- Going a shade lighter is harsher on your hair than going darker.
- Your hair should be in great condition before you attempt to colour it. Make sure you have a trim beforehand to get rid of split ends.
- If you’ve relaxed your hair, wait at least two weeks before you dye your hair. The double chemical process could lead to breakage.
- While there are some fab box dyes on the market, it’s best to go to a professional to get your colour done – they can tell you whether your hair’s strong enough for the process.
- An easy alternative is to get a weave or wig or extensions in a different colour – you get to play with a fun colour, without stressing out your own hair.