Smell and taste is part of what makes 'going down' so pleasurable. Fact is, most of the time there is nothing to worry about. Every woman has her own scent and taste, and this is nothing to be ashamed about. Your vagina can vary depending where you are in your cycle, the foods you eat and as you get turned on and get lubricated down there. The fact that your man wants to go down on you and is enjoying it, means there’s nothing to worry about. Using sex toys and condoms, whether regular or scented, also affects the taste and the smell. To help you feel more confident and enjoy oral sex instead of being worried the whole time, here are a few tips on what you can do:
- Keep your lady bits clean and dry.
- Wipe with toilet paper every time you use the loo. Droplets of urine can turn into a fishy smell as the day goes.
- Opt for loose-fitting clothes and PJs when you’re chilling at home to give your stuff time to breathe.
- Sometimes, the smell may not be from the vulva but from the backside. It's a good idea to wash yourself before a sexual encounter so that you feel comfortable and confident. Stay clear of harsh soaps or douches.
- If you notice a foul smell, see your doctor to rule out any infections. And don’t be ashamed to seek help.