- Brush out tangles before shampooing.
- Place the wig in a basin of lukewarm water then shampoo.
- It’s very important to choose a shampoo and conditioner that’s suited for the type of hair you have.
- When lathering the hair with shampoo, ensure that the strands are flowing in the same direction to avoid tangling.
- Make sure you rinse thoroughly.
- When applying conditioner, avoid the wig cap, get the product onto the hair strands only.
- Carefully pat dry with towel.
- Avoid using a brush to detangle the hair after towel drying. Use a wide tooth comb instead.
For Human Hair
- The preferable tool to use is a hair dryer on a medium heat setting.
- Take hair in small sections starting from the nape working your way up instead of trying to dry the entire wig at once, use a bristle brush or round brush.
- Work the hair in a downward direction for a smooth effect.
For Synthetic Hair
- Let the wig air dry on a wig stand.