If you want to add some oomph to your sex life, look inside your kitchen cupboard for the ingredients that will rev you up and leave you wanting more. Your sex drive is actually determined by what you put in your body. Research shows that sex and food are closely related because they are two of greatest pleasures known to mankind, and both appetites need to be fulfilled. Take a gander at these ideas, and see how food can change your sex life. Get your energy back If you never have enough energy for sex, a diet rich in iron can help you overcome this. Lean red meats, nuts, eggs, fortified breakfast cereals and leafy green vegetables can make all the difference to rev up your energy. Eat for passion Get foods rich in nitric oxide, the same compound that Viagra boosts. This wonder compound is what causes him to have an erection and for you to be lubricated. Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are great nitric oxide. And add a bit of salmon for those wonderful Omega-3 fatty acids, which also have a positive effect on your libido. Alternatively, you can try Omega-3 supplements. The aphrodisiacs We all know that aphrodisiacs can rev up your sex life. Certain foods release hormones, such as testosterone in women that makes them more sexually aggressive and adventurous. However oysters and alcohol are not the only foods that increase your sex hormones. Besides you will need a whole lot of oysters, and a lot of alcohol can do the exact opposite of what you’re trying achieve. Foods like shrimp, chocolate, ginger, and black olives are just as good when it comes to increasing sex hormone levels. Improve his mood A diet rich in zinc can improve energy levels as well. So serving a good portion of pumpkin and sesame seeds, chicken, wholegrains, seafood and brown rice can help not just you, but your man get his energy for sex back.
- Memorial and funeral details of TKZee member Tokollo ‘Magesh’ Tshabalala
- 5 tips to enjoy the woman-on-top position
- Remembering Magesh | 5 things to know about the late kwaito star
- Style crush | Shudufhadzo Musida’s stunning red carpet looks
- 5 things to know about Miss South Africa 2022, Ndavi Nokeri
- Godongwana's fate in limbo as docket in sexual assault case heads to NPA
- SA faces beef squeeze in December due to transport ban, experts warn
- Nick Mallett | Why it's time for the Springboks to bench the 6/2 split
- EXPLAINER | Phala Phala scandal: Is Parliament failing in its oversight role?
- Superstar Rabada in esteemed Proteas company after Lord's heroics: 'He bowled with venom'
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now