Nickelodeon, uShaka Marine World and Durban Tourism have joined forces to turn Durban bright green, and present the first edition of SlimeFest at uShaka Marine World. South Africa’s first Slime festival offers stunning activities, music, and entertainment for the whole family as uShaka is transformed into a Slime Green Nickelodeon wonderland!!
Date: Saturday 8 April 2017 and Sunday 9 April 2017 Venue: uShaka Marine World, Durban, South Africa
Time: Doors Open at 8:00 am - 3:00 pm – Slime Activities – Wet n Wild, Kiddies Pool, Tornado Pool, Kids World
9:00 am, 11:00 am and 1:00 pm: Dolphin & Nickelodeon Character Shows – Dolphin Stadium
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm: SlimeFest Concert – SlimeFest Stage
6:00 pm: Venue Closes
Hosts: Joey Rasdien & Nomzamo Mbatha
Saturday Concert Performers: Cassper Nyovest, Twins on Decks, The Kiffness, EMTEE
Sunday Concert Performers: Mafikizolo, Twins on Decks, Timo ODV, K.O
- 20,000 litres of Slime
- 8,000 Visitors per day
- 1 x 16 metre SlimeFest Stage
- 10 hours of Slime-Filled Fun every day
- 1,700 people in the Dolphin Stadium per show
- 2 MCs
- 1 x SlimeFest Concert every day
- 4 x Slimefest Concert Performances per day
- 5 x pools
- 12 x Slime Jets
- 10 x SlimeFest Golden Buckets
- 4 x unique SlimeFest Slime activities
- 3 x Nickelodeon Character Singalongs every day
- 3 x Dolphin Shows every day
- 10 x Nickelodeon character cut-outs
- 40 x Child Minders
Come along and enjoy one of our 3 Nickelodeon Character Singalongs daily from your favourite Nickelodeon chums, including:
- Dora and Friends – Dora, Nicky, Kate and Pablo
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael & Michelangelo
- Paw Patrol – Ryder, Marshall, Chase, Skye, Zuma and Rubble
- SpongeBob SquarePants – SpongeBob SquarePants & Patchy the Pirate
Join in the fun with crowd-pleasing entertainment all over the park, including:
- 4 x stilt walkers
- 4 x face painters
- uMlazi African Jingles (Zulu dance troupe)
- Amaphephethe (wedding singers)
- Marcello (clown and circus tricks)
- Upbeat notes from the uShaka Marimba band
- Mbijana (One man band)
- Beat Bangerz (local dance crew).
It’s going to be Slime Central out there, so wear shoes that have good traction and that can be washed after the concert, We encourage guests and ticket holders to wear clothes that you are comfortable getting wet, green and slimy. SlimeFest Ticket Holders are encouraged to bring sun protection.
Tickets for SlimeFest are available at www.computicket.co.za for groups of 4 or more, priced from R230 or R220 per person for a family of 4-10 people.
Single tickets can be purchased from www.ushakasmarineworld.co.za from R250 per person.
Activities at the Sea Animal Encounters Island and Dangerous Creatures are not included in the entry price (tickets sold separately at the entrance).
Free entry for children under three.