Does gender equality also apply to the finances in your relationship?
Gloria Macdonald, founder of Perfect Partners, conducted a survey and found that 95% of women still require their men to hold the fort in the money department.
So the question we’re asking is would you support your man financially if he’s unemployed?
Here are some of responses from from the True Love office (everyone chose to remain anynomous, of course!):
- “Yes I would, only if he doesn’t turn his back on me when he’s back on his feet. It will also depend on strong the relationship is.”
- “I’ve done it before and I’ll never do it again because my ex just got too comfortable and always expected stuff to be done by me.”
- “I would, only if I’m getting something out of it; he must either be good in bed, cook, clean, or take care of the kids.”
- “To be honest, I’d do it for a short time and he’ll have to get his life in order otherwise the relationship will be strained. I love to be taken care of, so supporting him financially will create a burden”.
- “I’ve done it before and will never do it again, I lost respect for him because I felt he still needed to take care of business as a man.”
- “I would but he must get his act right very fast.”
- “Never! I feel like he should at least be able to support himself if he can’t support the both of us”
- “Yes, I’d do it if we’re talking about my current man. I know he would do the same for me as well”.
- “Only if he was working before but lost his job.”
- “I wil not; my mama taught me better than that.”