Women no longer see sex as taboo, according to an online survey by Victoria Milan. The survey shows that 56% of South African women would have sex on the first night.
So there goes Steve Harvey’s “90-day rule”, that women should wait three months to build a foundation to get to know the man before putting out.
So, the question is, would you or would you not sleep with someone on the first date?
These are the responses of some of our colleagues and friends:
- “If he’s hot and sexy, why not? It’s going to happen eventually. If he wants to smash and leave you, he will. Whether you wait till date three or a couple of months.”
- “No. Firstly you don’t know this person well and what if he is pyscho?”
- “No. You don’t give up the cookie like that, the cookie should be the last thing.”
- “Yes. Do you. If you want to, do it.”
- “No. It’s a no, no! It’s all about the first impression so it might give the assumption that you always do such.”
- “Yes, why not. If it feels right.”
- “I think we’ve given men too much power when it comes to this. As women we judge each other according to their opinion that if you give it up on the first date, you’re a slut. It’s not about 'giving it up', it’s about ‘getting yours.’ So do you!”
- “If you feel comfortable and clicked from the onset, why not. Because whatever happens, happens.”
- “Yes, what difference does it make”
- “Do you. I’m all for it.”