Big hair has made a huge comeback, with celebs such as Amanda du Pont, Pearl Thusi and Khanya Mkangisa giving us major hair envy. Whether you choose to embrace your own natural fro or wear a textured weave, kinky curls back on trend. Here’s how you can rock your curls like some of our favourite celebs. Nomzamo Mbatha and Terry Pheto Terry Pheto, Nomzamo Mbatha and Khanya Mkangisa prefer to protect their hair by wearing textured weaves and wigs. Thembi Seete Tip: Look after your weave by co-washing it with a conditioner once a week. Use a detangling spray every morning and gentle comb out using your fingers. Pearl Thusi Who doesn't love Pearl Thusi and Amanda Du Pont’s natural hair? They both have beautiful natural hair that they maintain very well. Amanda Du Pont Although genetics play a big part in their texture, a range of products can help you get voluminous hair as well. Tip: For loose curls with length and movement, wash your hair weekly with a moisturising shampoo followed by a deep conditioner. Apply a leave-in conditioner for added moisture. Separate hair into eight equal sections and either plait if you’re after the crimped look like Amanda or twists for hair like Pearl’s.
- SA man jailed, tortured in Equatorial Guinea prison gets R39m in damages
- Bruce Cameron | Lies, damn lies, and fake news by anti-vaxxers
- Saving lives vs the economy: Inside the discussions that saw SA move to Level 3 lockdown
- NSFAS ordered 180 000 laptops - but only 15 000 students needed them: Report lifts lid on its challenges
- Attending Gupta wedding had no political value and I did not okay it - Malusi Gigaba
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now