Braids are usually the go to protective hairdo in winter. They are versatile and easy to style. Take a cue from Unathi Msengana on how to rock your braids your way. The Idols judge loves to wear her braids in a chic up do on the red carpet. She also loves to experiment with her different sizes and textures. Braids can cause hair to break. To keep the hairline healthy, alternate with cornrows or plaits which are much kinder to the hairline when plaited without extensions. 5 tips on how to maintain healthy hair with braids:
- Nourish your scalp weekly to prevent dryness.
- Apply a scalp and hair cleanser to keep your refreshed and smelling great.
- Use a hair growth oil to promote healthy hair growth.
- Wash your hair with moisture treatment shampoo to revive the sheen in your hair.
- Use a scalp therapy treatment to minimise itchiness, restore moisture and promote healthy hair.