It’s easy to neglect your hair during winter because it’s covered in wigs, weaves and braids. With spring approaching, its time to give your hair a little love by revisiting your regime. Here’s how to revive that much needed TLC. Plaits and braids Plaits and braids where a great way to rest and allow hair to grow during winter. Prevent your scalp and hair from becoming dry and itchy by washing and applying a good leave-in conditioner for treatment. Give your hair a break by not braiding for at least 4-6 weeks. Weaves Weaves can lead to your hair being brittle and scalp being dry. Take your weave out and treat your hair with a mask. If you can’t live without your weave, use a wig to cover up. At least it comes off at the end of the day. Tip for your wigs: Remember to wash it regularly with a good shampoo and let it air dry on a wig stand. Deep condition your hair weekly to keep it healthy and strong. Natural If you kept your hair relaxed then remember to keep moisturise regularly. If you kept it natural then use a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner that won't strip your hair of moisture.
- Tributes pour in for late actor Luzuko Nteleko
- How Rich Mnisi’s legs set the internet ablaze | "I took a nap and woke up to my phone going off"
- These 4 common sex positions can actually be dangerous
- Zandile Msutwana on her return to The Queen
- GALLERY | Our favourite looks from the Cell C Inanda Africa Cup
- Karyn Maughan | ANC government owes South Africa answers about why it protected apartheid killers
- Will SAA partnership with Takatso pass Competition Commission hurdle? Experts weigh in
- Isaah Mhlanga | Monetary policy could be shifting in the US. Here's how that will affect SA
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA fruits are sweetening the deal in export markets
- From Beeple to Edward Snowden, these five NFTs have raked in the most money
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now