It’s easy to neglect your hair during winter because it’s covered in wigs, weaves and braids. With spring approaching, its time to give your hair a little love by revisiting your regime. Here’s how to revive that much needed TLC. Plaits and braids Plaits and braids where a great way to rest and allow hair to grow during winter. Prevent your scalp and hair from becoming dry and itchy by washing and applying a good leave-in conditioner for treatment. Give your hair a break by not braiding for at least 4-6 weeks. Weaves Weaves can lead to your hair being brittle and scalp being dry. Take your weave out and treat your hair with a mask. If you can’t live without your weave, use a wig to cover up. At least it comes off at the end of the day. Tip for your wigs: Remember to wash it regularly with a good shampoo and let it air dry on a wig stand. Deep condition your hair weekly to keep it healthy and strong. Natural If you kept your hair relaxed then remember to keep moisturise regularly. If you kept it natural then use a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner that won't strip your hair of moisture.
- Reveal your funders, ANC declares as it tightens rules for candidates in leadership race
- No 'weekends off': Cele takes hardline stance to combat crime in Cape Town's gang-ridden areas
- 'It's a lie': Lawyer denies Home Affairs' claim Zimbabwe permit court challenge was withdrawn
- Ramaphosa Phala Phala farm had no VIP protection at time of cash theft
- Carol Paton | Who is to blame for load shedding: what Mantashe, Gordhan and others didn't do
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now