Written by Nomsa Motale
Winter is around the corner and most celebrities have been seen at award shows, with their hair pulled back into a low ponytail. The low tied ponytail is also the look that has dominated the runways.
Redken Global Creative Director, Guido, created a natural and sophisticated look for the runway this season. Guido used Redken’s Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to achieve a smooth, luxurious blow out, and then pulled the hair back into a simple but modern low ponytail for an easy, effortless feel.
You can achieve this look, by simply following these steps.
(Suitable for long natural hair or weave)
1. Start with clean hair by washing with Redken’s new Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo andConditioner
2. Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion throughout damp hair, using fingers to work into the hair from roots to tips
3. Using a comb, create a clean center part
4. Blow dry hair until smooth using a flat or round brush
5. Pull hair back into a low ponytail, securing at the base of the head with an elastic and leaving the ends of the hair natural