‘What’s the best product to use as a moisturiser on type 4c natural hair? I’ve just bought the organic root stimulator hair lotion, is that good or is there something better?’ – Christina
You’ve made a great choice – we love the ORS Hair Lotion!
Just as a refresher for readers who don’t know; what you’re looking for in a moisturising product is actual moisture. Butters and oils aren’t moisturisers, they merely seal in the moisture. So, when you’re shopping for a moisturising product, have a look at the ingredients. If the first ingredient isn’t water/ aqua, then it isn’t an actual moisturiser.
Because we love having options, here are other products that you might want to try:
- ORS (formerly Organic Root Stimalutor) Curls Unleashed Take Command Curl Defining Creme
- ORS Carrot Oil (it’s called an ‘oil’, but it’s actually a moisturiser)
- ORS HAIRepair Anti-Breakage Creme
- Motions Nourish Leave-In Conditioner
- Curl Care by Dr Miracles Weightless Moisturizing Creme