This Father’s Day, why not celebrate the men who’re present for your little one? Our parenting expert Nikki Bush unpacks for us why an emotional and hands-on father makes the world of a difference in their kid’s life.
“On this point, today’s generation of fathers is far more emotionally attached and tuned in to their children than ever before, consciously taking on their responsibilities, rather than acquiring them by default. This is leading to a movement I call ‘Dad by Design’ and this bodes well for our children,” says Nikki.
When a strong bond exists between dads and their children, there are numerous benefits:
- They tend to have fewer behavioural problems
- There is a lesser chance of alcohol and drug abuse and teen pregnancy
- More emotionally secure
- Have a stronger self-esteem
- More confident in new situations
- More eager to explore their surroundings
- More able to take calculated risks
- More sociable
- More likely to achieve higher levels of education
- Find success in their careers
- Have higher levels of self-acceptance
- Experience psychological well-being.
- Have a reduced school drop-out rate
- Have reduced teen pregnancy rates
- Show less aggression and impulsivity
- Show more self-direction
To all dads this Father’s Day, thank you for your valuable input into your children’s lives. We hope you are made to feel honoured and treasured.
Happy Father’s day!