Have you lost your mojo in the bedroom and are not keen on sex anymore? It’s all in the mind Good sex starts with you and your mindset. If you think of it as a chore, then you are missing out on a really good sex life. Besides the actual deed, there are parts of it that you need to nurture – your sensuality, sexual confidence and loving your body. You don't need a partner to enjoy sex You don’t always have to be with your partner to enjoy sex. There is no shame in masturbation as it can teach you a lot about your body. You can learn about your erogenous zones and indulge in your fantasies. Exploring your body on your own can open up a whole new world of sexual pleasure. In fact some women who struggle to orgasm when with a partner may achieve orgasm through masturbation. It’s not always about orgasm You may have heard of people having multiple orgasms, and climaxing each time they have sex. Understand that you’re not a failure if you have an orgasm each time you have sex. It’s not always about orgasm. Sometimes it’s about connecting with your partner, sensuality and fun. Worrying too much can sure take the pleasure out of it. Set your mind at ease with protection To enjoy a good sex life, you need to be comfortable, both physically and mentally. And the issue of consequences that come with unprotected sex can dull the mood. From STIs to unwanted pregnancy, you need to be with a partner that understands these issues. He should not have a problem with using condoms. Spice it up by trying all kinds – from scented, ribbed, vibrating or flavoured. There are loads of options. Remember to use condoms even with sex toys. Oral sex also carries many risks, so put those flavoured condoms to good use. If you take safety precautions and are with a partner that is just as careful, your mind will be at ease.
- PIC | Caster Semenya and wife are expecting their second baby
- Style Crush | LaConco's best style moments
- Miss SA Shudufhadzo Musida on her new children's book: "It's a story of struggles and hope"
- Zandile Msutwana on her return to The Queen
- PICS | Liesl Laurie and Dr Musa Mthombeni’s virtual lobola negotiation
- Ramaphosa responds to 'a battle on two fronts' as SA moves to Level 3
- Decision to make me a prohibited person in SA made in bad faith - rape accused Omotoso
- Mkhwebane asks ConCourt for rescission not as an attempted appeal, but to correct an error
- Icy weather good for some SA crops - but sugar, potatoes may be hit
- BLA president cleared of sexual harassment allegations by independent investigator
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now