“There is no magic food that will get rid of belly fat. Rather you need to cut down on overall, total energy intake. Yoghurt is a kilojoule-controlled low Glycaemic Index (GI) snack option that can be included as part of a weight loss diet. When it comes to diet, stabilising blood glucose levels may assist in getting the waist circumference down. So eat more regularly, choose low GI starches and limit high GI foods that spike sugar levels like, sugary foods and chocolate. A diet high in fibre can also help manage blood glucose levels and thus the waist,” says Piderit.
TRY THE GLUTE BRIDGE MARCH
How it’s done
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Rest your arms on the floor, palms up, at shoulder level. Raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Brace your abs and lift your right knee toward your chest.
- Hold for 2 counts, then lower your right foot.
- Repeat with the other leg. That's 1 rep.
- Do 2 or 3 sets of 5 to 10 reps.
All the best!