Beauty is a multi-billion dollar global industry that is constantly evolving and providing women with the latest innovation to look and feel their best.
Kateko Ramoshaba, from body skincare experts Clere, says that keeping your skin healthy and beautiful does not always mean having to spend large sums of money on the latest skincare products.
“There are many simple, affordable and easy elements that you can add to your health and skincare routines that will work towards a beautiful looking skin.” Ramoshaba shares her five tips:
- Taking care of your skin from the inside out is very important and the first step is to ensure that you are well hydrated! Make sure that you are drinking sufficient water throughout the day.
- Exfoliate regularly, ideally twice a week, so as to remove dead skin cells from your body and leave your skin prepared and ready to absorb body lotion. Creating your own body scrub is cost effective and you can make it to suit your skin concerns, by adding one the following to your body lotion or crème. Salt will help to relax your muscles, sugar is gentler on the skin, ground coffee has the benefit of caffeine constricting blood vessels and oatmeal is the gentlest exfoliator softening and hydrating the skin. Including your favourite essential oils can help to relax, soothe or energise. Once finished applying rinse off in the shower.
- Avoid baths that are too hot as this can dry out your skin.
- Apply a nourishing body lotion, ideally to your slightly damp skin. Clere Hand & Body Lotions provide 24 hour moisturise as they are enriched with Vitamins E & A and Glycerine.
- Lastly, sleep is vital. It’s called “beauty sleep” for a reason! When you sleep your body has time to repair and recover. Not only will you wake with a glowing complexion but you also help your body to generate collagen, which helps fight wrinkles.
Ramoshaba says that the fountain of youth may never be found, but by implementing these tips into your routine, you will help you skin to look youthful and feel beautiful.