When it comes to make-up, the international consensus is definitely less is more. Here’s how to wear the barely-there look. The one misconception we as women have suffered from over the years is that layering loads of make-up makes us look younger. Actually it’s the reverse! First invest in good skincare, that way you have less to cover up. Then find the correct colour foundation – looking ashy emphasises wrinkles and any fine lines. Rather opt for lighter coverage and build up the coverage or conceal where you need to cover up more. BB and CC Creams are a dream come true for women who’ve reached a certain age and their skin is demanding a lot more TLC. These wonder balms combine skincare and make-up - getting coverage whilst it works. Our favourites include: - A flesh coloured eyeliner: use the liner to line your eyelids to eliminate the redness. -A clear brow gel: Nothing opens the face like well-groomed arched brows. Invest in a clear brow gel to give brows a longer-lasting shape -A concealer: Dab concealer using your ring fingers till it blends under the eyes, on the arch of your brows as well as to conceal any other problem areas. -A mascara: apply mascara generously to the top lashes, a flexible smaller rubber bristled brush works best. -A bronzing blusher or illuminator: dab it on your earlobes, cheekbones, bridge of your nose or forehead to give your face instant radiance.
- Covid-19: Too late to put in tighter restrictions on Gauteng - experts
- State Security Minister Dlodlo wants to smoke out information peddlers among spooks
- Mandy Wiener | We've declared war on Covid, so where is the wartime efficiency for vaccine rollout?
- Lining up sponsorships for The New Age was not my call – Malusi Gigaba to Zondo
- Takealot is close to turning a profit, and may sell groceries next
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now