With February being a national Healthy Lifestyles Awareness Month, we've spoken to Raydene Naidoo, Psychologist from the South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP) about how to get a good balance in your life and he recommends the following:
- Focus on yourself from time to time and pamper yourself. You can't expect others to nurture you if you can't nurture yourself.
- Learn to say no without feeling guilty. Having reasonable boundaries is healthy, and it helps you to regulate how much you take on.
- Take time to nurture your relationships, especially with your loved ones.
- You are only human and you’re not always going to get the balance right. Rome was not built in a day. Allow yourself a cheat day but within moderation.
- Get a good night’s rest as often as you can, naps count too.
- Set SMART goals for yourself. Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time specific.