Be supportive and make your relationship stronger Too often, we have a “me first” attitude in our relationships. It’s time to give a little back and support your partner more, here’s how. Do:
- Listen attentively. This shows that you have a genuine interest and you do care.
- Allow the person to be themselves. Give them space to be who they are.
- Praise them. This will boost their self-esteem.
- Use defensive body language. Crossing your arms, sighing heavily, rolling your eyes and not looking the person straight in the eyes shows that you would rather be doing something else.
- Raise obstacles or criticise. Instead of raising the one negative, why not raise 10 positives?
- Make decisions for them. Even if their choices don’t work out, you need to play a supportive role and give constructive critcism.