How do I style sportswear staples with the rest of my wardrobe? I love comfort above all else, but I need to stay stylish. How do I wear sneaks around town without looking sloppy? Thuli The answer is a midi jersey dress. The all-in-one favourite has had a slick makeover this season, with carefully crafted lines and a svelte shape that perfectly complement your latest sneaker purchase. Best of all? After a day of errands you can simply swop your sneakers for stilettos to hit the dance floor. How do I mix my feminine pieces with my sneaks? My new pink coat screams lady, but my sneakers say street. DJ Zinhle SOLUTION: The pink coat has proven itself to be a must-have for AW16, but for the girl who is more Rihanna than Rizzo, a few style tips apply. The key is to keep things fresh, yet feminine. A sporty crop top with sneakers is a no-brainer, but the polish of a pencil skirt adds a feminine touch that pulls things together. I love the athleisure look, but I’m always afraid that I look like I’m heading home from the gym. Sneakers and puffers are certainly favourites of the athletic, but for those of us who are more on the leisure side of life, it's best to style your staples with a fun and feminine skirt. A pleated skirt, to be exact. Just make sure that you opt for one in a muted tone, so that the look is more complementary than contrasting. Rihanna Thithi Nteta My skinny jeans with sneaks look too casual. What other options do I have? Remember your culottes? The instant update that has lasted season through season, the trendy girl’s go-to, the wardrobe winner that makes any outfit modern? The tailored elegance of the culotte adds just the right amount of class to your kicks, all without sacrificing on comfort.
- GALLERY | Khuli Chana goes all out for Lamiez Holworthy's 29th birthday
- Three must-try winter stews you’ll love
- Transgender woman Lehlogonolo Machaba on entering the Miss SA pageant
- These 4 common sex positions can actually be dangerous
- Lunga Shabalala on ignoring the haters and wanting to make his father proud
- Tembisa 10: As parents clash over birth, Independent Media says Rampedi 'only one who can comment'
- 'Lives could have been saved' - City alerted to electrical fault a week before Joburg couple's death
- Desperate KwaSizabantu member turned to abusive dad for help to escape mission
- PICS | ANC financial woes: Staffers reject looming retrenchments
- Limited liquor sales will boost illicit economy, strain retailers
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now