Men who use women for money are not only interested in rich and lonely old ladies. Some of these menacing brothers target working women such as you and me. It’s not that difficult for a woman to spot a gold digger, but when emotions are involved, it gets harder to see these things clearly. Watch out for these warning signs: He forgets his wallet It’s funny that he never has his wallet with him and his car’s petrol gauge is on red every time he comes to pick you up. He only shows up on payday He forgets most of your dates during the month and has an excuse whenever you need him to help you with something, but somehow he always shows up on payday – your payday. And lo and behold, he has a list of things he needs you to buy for him. He lives beyond his means He has an average job, but wears expensive clothes and parties like a rock star. He’ll be broke before the 3rd of the month and you’ll have to care of him financially. He borrows money from you And he has the audacity to never pay it back. He wants to move in with you Of course he does… He’s hoping to live rent-free. He’s starting a business or studying Gold diggers use this story to stop you from questioning everything, because we all know that it takes time to start a business. You start justify things and make excuses every time your friends express their worry for you f you find yourself covering up for your lover and feeling suspicious about them, it’s a sign that you are being played. Be cautious with your money…
- Have a limit for how much money you will lend a guy. Stick by it no matter how happy you are or how much money you have.
- Avoid getting loans on behalf of your man, unless he has done the same for you and it’s for a real emergency.
- His mother is not your responsibility, unless you are married, then it may be okay for both of you to contribute towards taking care of her.
- Beggars can’t be choosers, so he has no right to say he only wears designer brands when you buy him something. If he really is cash strapped, he should appreciate everything you do for him.
- Borrowing your car to go to a job interview or audition is okay every now and again. But, you really shouldn’t be chasing trains and buses while he cruises around in your wheels.