Don’t be the girl that ends up with no friend and no man, saying ‘I should have seen the signs.’ If your friend is after your man, there are subtle, but tell-tale signs that you can look out for. She flirts with him When the three of you are together, she unashamedly flirts with him. It may be a touch on the shoulder, a naughty smile and constant compliments that make night outs a bit awkward for everyone. She’s a kiss and tell There are certain things a girl should keep between herself and her girlfriends. But, your bestie doesn’t mind sharing her wild sex stories with a whole room full of friends, with your man present, of course. She is trying to sell herself as ‘great in bed,’ to get your man interested. She has his number on speed dial She will text and call your man for all kinds of favours and advice, and you’ll be the last person to know about it. This is downright disrespectful. You should be the first point of contact if she needs anything from your man. And calling your man may have a more sinister intentions that it seems. She throws shade at you in his presence When you’re all together and having a conversation, she’s quick to highlight your problems. Your guy is looking forward to a quiet bush holiday with you, and your friend says, ‘My friend, you’re gonna be so miserable there. You’re such a snob, how will you survive the animals, insects and no TV?’ Implying that you’re gonna make the holiday miserable for him as well. She’s no longer interested in hanging out with you unless he’s there too You used to hang out and have fun together, now you’ve become this ‘not-so-awesome threesome’. What’s up with that? When she does hang out with you alone, all she wants to talk about is your relationship. And fishes for all kinds of information about your man. Whatever you tell her may eventually be used against you. She defends him all the time Sure, there’ll be times when you’ll be in the wrong and a good friend will tell you. But, there’s a problem when your friend defends your man to death, and constantly takes his side. She’s your friend, she should always be in your corner. This behaviour shows that she’s trying to create a wedge between you and your man.
- PIC | Caster Semenya and wife are expecting their second baby
- PICS | Liesl Laurie and Dr Musa Mthombeni’s virtual lobola negotiation
- Miss SA Shudufhadzo Musida on obtaining her second qualification
- Miss SA Shudufhadzo Musida on her new children's book: "It's a story of struggles and hope"
- These 4 common sex positions can actually be dangerous
- EXCLUSIVE | No money, no idea: SAPS intelligence failed to warn of ‘insurrection’ because of budget crisis
- The Reserve Bank's model still predicts a rate hike this year, but it probably won't happen
- Bafo Khanyeza | SA's biggest looting problem lies within its public sector
- INSIDE LABOUR | 'Back to normal' isn't a good thing when the norm is unjust
- Phoenix unrest: Survivors speak of violence and pain, leaders call for peace and justice for victims
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now