Single parenting If you’re a mom and have no support from your baby’s daddy, you’re probably raising your child on your own. No doubt about it, women are strong and have raised entire nations as single parents. But, having an involved father to share the parenting duties, issues and financial obligations with cannot be understated. It does not only make a woman feel supported, but can have lots of positive effects on a child’s life too. But, we play the cards we dealt and we rock this single mom thing. Buying a house on your own With the current economy slump, two salaries are better than one. And if only you had someone to share financial responsibilities with, it’ll be easier to get that housing loan for the house you want. But, as a single woman, you have to work with what you have. Don’t let this stop you from buying a home on your own. It may not be the house of your dreams, but it’ll be all yours. Dating You’ve seen it all and are probably not into anyone wasting your time. That’s why you’d rather have a friend with benefits than tolerate a frivolous ‘going nowhere slowly’ relationship that will eventually end, anyway. Because of past experiences and simple logic, you can’t just give your trust to anyone, they have to earn it – but some guys ain’t got no time for that. So dating is tideous, and you have to negotiate your way around the maze and hope to win. Being a social pariah It’s great being single in your 20s, because actually no one cares. But, get to your thirties and it’s a whole differernt story. You have to explain yourself every single day. ‘When are you getting married?’ ‘When are you having kids? ‘Wow, that must be a very lonely life you’re living’ ‘I must hook you up with my short and fugly, jobless cousin’. Everybody assumes that you’ll be a lonely spinster with 20 cats!
- Transgender woman Lehlogonolo Machaba on entering the Miss SA pageant
- GALLERY | Khuli Chana goes all out for Lamiez Holworthy's 29th birthday
- One-on-one with Zulaikha Patel on her new children's book 'My Coily Crowny Hair'
- Lunga Shabalala on ignoring the haters and wanting to make his father proud
- Inside Lamiez Holworthy and Khuli Chana’s private haven
- THE ESKOM FILES | 'False and fabricated': How Eskom officials colluded with construction giants
- Rural areas leading the way in registering people for Covid-19 vaccinations - health dept
- Never-ending story: Zondo Commission to seek another extension – but will govt pay for it?
- SA Post Office has a new business plan, but admits losing Postbank will hurt
- Sihle Zikalala calls on the ANCYL task team to focus on SA's 'three pandemics'
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now