With Valentine’s Day around the corner, you’re probably rummaging through your closet to find the perfect outfit for date night. TRUE LOVE Fashion Editor Jessica Ramoshaba is here to help – she has compiled a simple V Day lookbook to get you started.
This capsule is inspired by a basic white top, which is very versatile as it works with any colour, material, print and design.
Here are a few style options for 14 February:
1. White tee, pants and belt
2. White tee, shorts and blazer
3. White tee and midi or pleated skirt
4. White tee and fitted maxi skirt
5. White tee, high-waist denim and leather jacket
6. White tee, denim and blazer
The best part about these options is that we’ve paired the white tee with items that you already own, so you don’t have to fall into the hype of buying something new for just one day. You can also dress any of these outfits down with flats like brogues or sneakers, or up with block heels and mules.
Style Tip: As much as we love wearing white, keeping it clean and crisp is a challenge. Here are some safe and effective techniques to keep your favourite whites in tip-top shape:
1. Soak the top immediately. The longer a stain sits, the harder it is to remove. If it’s a stubborn stain, apply ammonia directly on the stain before soaking it.
2. Don’t bleach your white garment every time you wash it. That weakens the fabric. Alternatively, use one cup of lemon juice.
3. Rather add one cup of distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle. Some fabric softeners can leave residue on white fabrics, whereas the distilled white vinegar can ensure that all residue is stripped away from fabrics. It will also whiten, brighten, reduce odour, and soften clothes.
4. Do not leave it in direct sunlight for too long.
5. Always have more than one, just in case!
Valentine’s Day is supposed to be about celebrating the people you love. So whether you’re celebrating your family, friends, co-workers or yourself, be sure to do it in style!