Communication is an important part of a healthy relationship, but you’re struggling to get your guy to open up. Maybe you’re going about it the wrong way. To get your point across without any drama, avoid these communication killers: Talking to him when he’s busy or distracted. There’s a better chance of him hearing you if he can focus on what you’re saying. So pick a good time where you’re both in a good headspace to talk. If he is stressed you’re likely to get a defensive answer or no answer at all. Whining and nagging. You’re both adults, so you should act like one and treat him the same way. Don’t go on about issues in a childish way. If you’ve spoken about it; put matter to bed. Nagging will just make things worst. Sending mixed messages. If you want him to make your birthday special, just tell him you’d like to be spoiled. Don’t say, “Oh don’t make a big deal of it. It’ll be fine if I don’t get anything for my birthday,” secretly hoping he gets you something anyway. Because he won’t. And then you’ll pout and make everything about the lack of love on his part.
- NPA will not appeal the acquittal of businessman on R48 million charges
- EXCLUSIVE | Treasury working on a credible solution for Eskom's R400bn debt burden
- Motsoaledi explains deployment of border patrollers to protect entry points to SA
- Adriaan Basson | The ANC's fake bogeyman called Zimbabweans
- POLITICS THIS WEEK | Pressure on ANC, govt as load shedding continues
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now