There are many women who’re in long-distance relationships. While some believe that it could a recipe for disaster, you can make yours last for a long time if you put some effort into it. For your relationship to be a success, you need to set ground rules to manage expectations. Stay connected with these tips: Get a messaging app WhatsApp, Facebook, Google Hangouts and Skype are all vital to making this connection work.? Your partner may be in another province, but these apps can make it feel like he’s not that far. Communicate regularly Say hello in the morning and goodnight when you go to bed. Keep in touch with each other – send pics, show him where you are and what you are doing; tell him about what’s going on in your life. Find things in common Recommend books, TV shows and music. This will give you great common ground to talk about when you Skype or phone each other. Know each other’s schedules Be aware of his work hours so you can drop a message or make a quick call without disturbing each other when in the middle of a meeting.? Stay honest with each other You need to be honest about your feelings if this is to work out. Unpleasant things like fear, insecurity and jealousy are not easy to talk about, but unless you deal with them, they are bound to blow up later. Have fun That’s the most important one. Don’t wallow in negative feelings, and learn to shut out other people’s comments about long distant relationships. Believe in your relationship, and show your partner that you trust him. Trust is the foundation of a good and healthy relationship.
- SA man jailed, tortured in Equatorial Guinea prison gets R39m in damages
- Bruce Cameron | Lies, damn lies, and fake news by anti-vaxxers
- Saving lives vs the economy: Inside the discussions that saw SA move to Level 3 lockdown
- NSFAS ordered 180 000 laptops - but only 15 000 students needed them: Report lifts lid on its challenges
- Attending Gupta wedding had no political value and I did not okay it - Malusi Gigaba
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now