Investec Private Banking’s brand ambassador, media personality and entrepreneur, Maps is well-known for his sophisticated, suave style as he effortlessly mixes classic pieces with modern, trendy items.
Since he's known for his style, we've asked him to share a few style tips for men and women.
- Don’t always look at what’s trendy. Find clothes that flatter your body type
- Your clothes should not be too tight or oversized. They should emphasise your best features and draw attention for all the right reasons
- Know the colours and tones that work with your skin and hair colour. Ideally, your outfit should not have more than four colour
- Kitten heels don’t do much for your legs or posture and could be quite ageing - rather avoid
- Have fun with make-up and accessories, but don’t overdo it. Less really is more
- Own three basic, quality suits – in black, navy and grey
- Buy classic and timeless pieces. It’s always easier to layer with good basics
- Buy multipurpose clothes that can be used in any scenario - smart, casual and corporate. Versatility is key
- You can never have enough white collared shirts. Dress for the occasion, so for example pair your white shirt with a great pair of cufflinks and/or a fashionable tie
- A suit is all about the fit, so ask around and find a great tailor that can make your suit fit perfectly.